Upon successful completion of the two-year program, graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Function successfully as entry-level technicians in the Middle East electrical power industry
- Maintain electrical systems
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain heavy electrical equipment, including transformers, motors, generators and related control and protective equipment
- Use speciﬁc computer software in the design of building electrical systems
- Communicate with customers and fellow members of the engineering team
- Recognize the importance of continuing education and professional afﬁliations
Graduates of the Electrical Technology program can ﬁnd employment with a large variety of companies involved in the electrical industry. Typical GCC employers include public and private sector power and water utilities, large petrochemical reﬁning and production facilities and government departments.
Graduates of the Electrical Power Systems Technician program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to other academic institutions.
A current list of post-secondary institutions offering admission and transfer credit to CNA-Q graduates who meet the entrance requirements is available from the Registrar’s Ofﬁce or the Career Counseling and Resource Centre. Staff in both these ofﬁces will provide support and assistance to CNA-Q graduates seeking to further their post-secondary studies.
For more information, please refer to the Program Articulation and Transfer Credit section in this Academic Calendar
This program may not be suitable for applicants who do not have normal colour perception.
Students should be aware of the strenuous physical dexterity required in this training program.
Employers will normally demand that all applicants undergo a physical capabilities assessment prior to hiring.
We are excited you are interested in joining CNA-Q's School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades! You can request for more information or contact below for general inquires:
School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades
+974 4495 2295